We specialise in Cold Micro Phaco Cataract Surgery (No Injection, No stitch, No bandage surgery). Coupled with the latest Intra Ocular Lenses, this gives excellent results for out Cataract patients.
Advantages of Cold Micro Phaco
- Minimal Energy used inside the patient’s eye hence surgery is safer
- No heat generated so no damage to surrounding tissues
- Very small incision size, No stitches, faster recovery
- Ability to implant Premium lenses, both Monofocal as well as Multifocal
- No need for Injection Anaesthesia
Advantages of newer Monofocal and Multifocal IOLs
- Intraocular lens technology has evolved by leaps and bounds ever since Sir Harold Ridley implanted the first Intraocular lens in a cataract patient in 1949.
- Modern IOLs used today, are made from highly biocompatible, soft hydrophobic acrylic polymers. They can be implanted through very small incisions, and give excellent vision to the patients after Cataract surgery without any adverse effects, lasting for a lifetime.
- Multifocal IOLs give a high degree of Spectacle Independence to the patients as they have focusing ability for far, intermediate as well as near distance.